The Top 8 Romantic Locations for an Unforgettable Destination Wedding
There’s something so romantic about proclaiming your love for one another with family and friends in an exotic location…
Or being away together, and tying the knot alone in your own little corner of the world.
Whether it's saying “I do” in a medieval castle resort or lounging on an island far, far away, a well-planned vacation can make even a modest destination wedding spectacular.
While I can't write your vows, but I can plan all of the details that go into making your destination wedding the romantic getaway you’ve dreamed of.
Maybe include a sunset boat trip in Positano, or atop Mount Batur at sunrise in Bali -- I'll help you plan a wedding that will sweep her off her feet and a honeymoon that will keep the romance alive for decades! Keep reading for some location ideas that will get your ideas flowing, and help you set the stage for a vacation to remember.
The secret ingredient to a successful destination wedding is all about the pre-planning…
When I help clients plan their destination weddings and honeymoons, I do all of the work before departure, to ensure everything is as ideal as possible. From dinner reservations with her favorite cuisine, or finding the perfect stretch of private beach for the special moment, or making sure that they are greeted at the room with their favorite flowers -- I take care of all of the details, large and small, so all you have left to focus on is each other.
This could very likely be the most important vacation of your lifetime! Here are some picturesque destinations for your romantic vacation. Where do you imagine yourself spending your first night together as husband and wife?
1. Hawaiian warm water beaches, lush landscapes, with cliffs and volcanoes scattered throughout make a stunning tropical backdrop for the big day. Imagine swimming with your wedding party in the waterfalls in Maui’s Pools of ‘Ohe’o, or lounging about on Lanai’s Polihua Beach which is almost always empty.
2. If you're looking for a quirky, eclectic location overflowing with culture, think Mexico City. There is an abundance of options and amenities, making this an ideal choice for an off the beaten path wedding getaway. After the big day, spend some time exploring the Frida Khalo Museum to learn about her poetic love story with Diego Rivera. Take a bike tour and explore downtown, or float along the canals in a trajinera (gondola) sightseeing.
3. With its rugged mountain backdrop and so many incredible beaches, the Isle of Corfu in Greece is a perfect Mediterranean destination for romantics who love the sun and sand. The coast is lined with luxury 5-star hotels, exquisite fine dining, and incredible views-- making this a worthwhile venue for a destination wedding!
4. Venice, Italy has a longstanding reputation for romance. Indulge in the finest wine from old vines, enjoy an Italian feast, and sip a cappuccino as you explore all Venice has to offer. Consider a romantic private gondola ride through scenic canals, or stroll hand in hand down side streets eating gelato.
5. Plan a fairytale wedding while you watch the deer frolic in Dublin, Ireland’s Phoenix Park, and afterward stroll down the artistic Love Lane. Or head north to the town of Howth, a 30 minute trip out of the city to a quaint fishing village known for delectable seafood. Make her feel like a princess when you return to your elaborate room in Clontarf Castle Hotel, and explore the green moss and stunning white cliffs of Dover hand-in-hand.
6. Paris, France is the gold standard for romantic getaways. Did you know that many hotels, museums, and destinations in Paris can be privatized? You can create a romantic setting for your destination wedding to lend an air of romance to your special day. Ask me how!
7. Enjoy each other on your own private island in The Maldives! Think candlelight wedding on a secluded beach. It doesn't get much dreamier than that!
8. Pamper yourselves and your guests in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. Feel the warmth of the turquoise water, and gaze up at the volcanic mountains as you relax and unwind together. Consider saying your vows beneath the spectacular northern lights for an unforgettable experience.
Are you feeling inspired to plan your picturesque destination wedding?
I can make any idea you dream up for your perfect “I do” moment a reality! I'm an expert at arranging every detail to make your romantic vacation a success.
Reach out and let me know what your perfect wedding looks like so we can make it a reality for your special day!